Thursday, February 28, 2008

This Birthday, I Really Cleaned Up!

The "top secret" project is doing me in, people!

I was working most of the day on it yesterday and again until 2am this morning and then again at 8:15 this morning. It will be over in the next couple of weeks. And it's been good to be busy again and I sure do like the money. But. . .

I. AM. DOG. TIRED. (No offense, my little Bug).

Other than that, it was actually my birthday this past weekend. Craze and I headed to Detroit to spend it with his parents and other relatives, who I'm fortunate to actually like (and I got to see my super cute nephew, V).

I got a lot of great gifts: yummy soaps and smellies from Lush--my fave; magazine subscriptions I've been wanting; the book Marley and Me, perfect for the dog-obsessed person I am; some lovely fake diamond earrings; a new Fiestaware color place setting that I didn't have (Must have EVERY color! Hello, "Heather"); and not one BUT TWO bottles of my favorite Bliss cleansing milk that I am too cheap to buy for myself. You could say (sorry, I can't help myself. . .) that I really cleaned up!

We also went to the Detroit Institute of Art where I had never been before even though I've been to Detroit what seems like a thousand times (I was going to say "million times" but that would just be exaggeration for its own sake). It's a really great museum. What a pleasure just to walk around that lovely sunlit building and look at magically beautiful things!

Other than that, I ate what seemed like a lot of Detroit-style pizza (THE BEST!), chocolate cake (not the best, but I ate it anyway), a sticky bun (yum) and a host of Lebanese delicacies and plain old regular food as well. And shockingly, I actually lost two pounds this week--the diet gods were giving me a little birthday gift I think. That's 11.5 pounds lost so far (in like six or seven weeks) and I'm sticking with it.

Now, back in Chicago, nose to the grindstone once again, I'm writing down every morsel and laying off the pizza and cake. But it sure was fun while it lasted.

No comments: