Thursday, February 07, 2008

I'll Take More of that Belgian Stuff, Please

Craze and I made our way downtown tonight for a free movie screening of "In Bruges." Not only was it great because it was A) free, but B) I can't say that I've ever seen a more entertaining movie about hit men. I thought the leads (including Colin Farrell) were just top notch. Great character acting and a thoroughly funny, human and entertaining script full of twists you never see coming.

And let's not forget the title character, the city of Bruges itself (a medieval city in Belgium). It served as the atmospheric backdrop for all the crazy adventure. I went there once years ago, just for the day. But this film really filled me with a yearning to go back again. So much to see (even if Colin Farrell isn't around). And yeh. . .I hear the beer's pretty good, too.

No comments: