Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

With the beginnings of a blizzard whirling around outside, I feel calm, peaceful and, above all, grateful on the inside.

I'm grateful for the usual things: my kooky and wonderful husband who sometimes really drives me crazy but always listens, really listens, to my side of things; that furry, fuzzy, often more-human-than-dog Bug, who I love so much; my kitty cats who come whenever I call their names; and my cozy, old house that actually now has a repaired dishwasher (I'm no longer in danger of killing the cat or the dog when I open the door. Praise the lord--oh, yeh. . .and the Sears repair guy).

I'm grateful to be gainfully employed, even if I am the employer. At the moment, it's working out pretty well. And I'm especially grateful that my new clients have, thus far, proved themselves to be sane and reasonable people.

I'm grateful that I finally really feel that I've put the grudges I've held for years (against people and events that I felt did me wrong) behind me. I still think some of you folks are just plain no good, but knowing you and getting screwed over by you provided valuable life lessons. And I've come to terms with that and I'm a better person because of the experiences. (That doesn't mean I want to hang out with you again though. I'm sure you're worse off from the lack of my friendship than I am from losing yours, but, oh well, too bad. . .you reap what you sow.)

I'm grateful for another week of sticking to my Weight Watchers plan. Seven pounds gone in four weeks. The tight jeans are feeling baggy. HURRAY for me. I rock.

I'm grateful for the feeling that things in my life are finally falling into place.

I'm grateful for my current feelings of contentment. I'd love a new car, but don't need one and don't feel the least little bit covetous about the new cars of others. Same goes for big diamonds, fancier houses, designer handbags or expensive duds. Right now I truly am enjoying my new Target long-sleeved t-shirt and I can't think of anything else I'd rather be wearing.

I'm grateful for lung-fulls of fresh, chilly air that make me feel alive and full of potential.

I'm grateful that I have some of the best in-laws ever. I can truly say that I love my mother-in-law and I'm pretty sure that she loves me. How many women can claim that?

I'm grateful for the certainty that my life is good and meaningful and that there are still so many wonderful things yet to come.

No comments: