Friday, February 15, 2008

Is the In-Crowd Tire-ing?

Busy working today but got to wrap around 3 pm which is great. Leaves time for me to make bed, do laundry, walk dog in daylight. Actually, I'm sort of excited about it. There must be something wrong with me. . .

Just sent over my invoices for the work I've done over the past few weeks on my previously noted "Top Secret Project" (makes it sound way more intriguing than it actually is!). I'm excited that I'll have some good $$$ coming in. Finally, Craze and I can pay off some of the credit card debt which crept up on us last year during my work drought. Also, I think we're going to go a little crazy and spendy and lash out on new tires for the car. Wow--living high on the hog, for sure.

I'm hoping to finally see Juno this weekend and Craze scored free tickets (sometimes it pays to be a loyal NPR listener!) to a cool concert on Saturday night with a group called Super Furry Animals.

Yes, we're cool, hip, DINK (dual-income, no kids) urbanites always hanging with the in-crowd. . .I wonder if the rest of the in-crowd will also be at the Sears tire center this weekend. Hmm. . .

3 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

Damn! You guys are cool! Did I tell you SF and I saw the opening to Juno because they mistakenly started playing it in the Alvin and the Chipmunks theater? Enjoy all the good work and it's benefits!

Maggie Sumner said...

Ms. Mamma--that's funny. I bet SF was sitting there looking for animated chipmunks and just thinking, "Huh?"

I still haven't made it to Juno though. Bummer--I still want to see it. Hopefully soon.

Ms. Mamma said...

Me too...he had no idea...but when you see the beginning you will laugh thinking of a theater full of preschoolers and such watching that!