Friday, February 01, 2008

Itching to Talk

I have an itchy toe problem. I'm not sure how or why it's happening, but I have the most maddening itch around the base of my middle toe of my left foot. And no amount of scratching on the desk, carpet, edge of stairs, with or without sock, seems to provide the desired release. It's almost like an internal itch. Is that even possible?

I think I'm going to have to take a Zyrtec and hope for the best. That's what I lived on last year when I had non-stop hives for six solid weeks (you wanna talk about itchy!). Yes, SIX weeks. At many points during that time, I really did begin to feel like some beleaguered biblical character. Scratchy and spotty. It's times like that when working from home really is tops.

And speaking of working from home. . . I'm in the midst of a top secret pitch project which is taking up most of my time. This is good--I'm making money again. Hurray! I have also found that I am getting into the more challenging aspects of the assignment. I guess I do, in fact, enjoy using my brain. Good to know.

Other than that, I need to get outside shortly to help Craze tackle the ten feet of snow that fell last night. I wonder if snow shoveling is listed on the Weight Watchers web site in terms of activity points? I've been sticking to my fiber-rich, point-counting regime and am proud to report that I've lost 6.5 lbs. in three weeks. Good for me. Now, if only I can trade some snow shoveling activity points for some kind of chocolatey treat, all will be right with the world.

Except for the snow, of course. There's just too damned much of that.

2 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

Congrats! On work and losing weight. That inspires me. I'm just in a three year funk, I think. Shoveling all that snow qualifies for a treat indded, especially if it's wet heavy snow.

Maggie Sumner said...

I totally hear you on being in a funk. I haven't had a real job for over 2.5 years (though I do ok on the consulting front, which really doesn't take up a ton of my time on average). But beyond that, I've been kind of aimless. All that said, I'm in a much better place now. So, clearly aimless funk serves a purpose. I hope it will for you, too.