Saturday, March 01, 2008

Double Yum!

Last night Craze, our friend Thea and I went to a dance performance. Dance is not something that usually falls into our set of entertainment considerations, all a little too high-faluting and la-dee-da. But, we went because Thea's client's mom is the head of the dance company and scored us free tickets.

Aside from it being a rather lengthy endeavour (nine separate performances over a two-hour span), it was pretty entertaining. It's not something I would seek out, but I really enjoyed it (even if they could have shortened it up a bit). And I was totally envious of the buff dancers bods. Wow--lithe and muscly at the same time.

By the time we exited the Athenaeum Theater, it was 10:05 pm and we were all starving. Much discussion took place about the eating options at that late hour. Thai, sushi, Ethiopian, Colombian, Vietnamese, middle-eastern. . .aye yaye yaye. Finally, we decided to try one of our fave Lebanese places that we hoped would be open. Thankfully, they didn't close until 11 pm, so we enjoyed a delicious assortment of chicken soltani, tabouli, hummus, falafel, kibbie, pita and on and on. We ate a LOT, but it was so good.

Other than that, we've spent a lot of time in the past week (and again this morning because of the results of the ritual morning thermometer reading) trying to impregnate me. Time will tell if it's working this month. I'm hopeful. At 43, I finally feel that being a parent would be a great thing and something I would not only enjoy but I feel I now have the insight to actually be a pretty great parent. Fingers crossed.

Tonight it's off to Sushi Station, this cool sushi place out in the northern burbs where the sushi comes around on sort of a train track and you grab what you want off the conveyor belt. There's nothing I like better than the thrill of scoping out your favorite maki roll as it hurtles towards you and scooping it up before someone else does. The thrill of victory combined with a culinary delight. Double yum!

2 comments:

Ms. Mamma said...

Oh Maggie! I'm excited for you...what an adventure lies ahead and all the fun of getting there from here! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Ah, is there anything better than yum and yummy? I think not. XO

Maggie Sumner said...

Thanks, Ms. Mamma. Fingers crossed.