Wednesday, June 04, 2008

It's A Boy!

Now on a brief respite from the visit of my overseas guests (they've gone to my brother's until Saturday), I'm excited to report that I went in for CVS testing last Friday and found out two incredibly great things on the very same day: 1) all my baby's chromosomes are totally normal and healthy (no Down's Syndrome, etc) and 2) we're having a BOY!

It's funny, even though I've been holding out all along for a girl, every time I looked at my ultrasound pix in the past few weeks I kept wanting it to be a girl but just knew in my heart of hearts that "she" was a "he." And so it is. Craze, the boy lover, was thrilled of course--a little boy to do lots of manly, sporty things with. No tea parties for me I'm afraid.

I'm doing well and feeling better. Still tired (probably due to my visitors who are a bit of a handful, no doubt) but not as nauseous at all. And even with the CVS test, my bleeding/spotting has resolved, which is great.

Since I'm officially 12 weeks along this week, we're finally going to spill the beans. We're having a b-day bbq for Craze this weekend and that's when we're going to share our big and, I'm sure at my 43 years of age, totally unexpected news. I think Craze's mom just may pass out from her pure baby joy. As I've said before, she is a serious baby stalker.

So, it's time to start looking beyond the hot pink and chocolate brown nursery options I've pined for. I'm thinking yellow, green and lots of monkeys and giraffes. We'll see. . .it's all part of the fun!

1 comment:

Ms. Mamma said...

Yay! Congrats! Now you have to get him some union jack "babylegs" (pictures on my flickr) or do a search on my blog for them! Sweet! XOXO and happy belated to your love!