Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tea for Two (or really Three, I Guess)

I'm headed downtown this afternoon to meet up with a work colleague for tea at the Four Seasons to celebrate her recent promotion.

I just love high tea. Could there be a more civilized occasion? Scones with clotted cream and jam and teeny-weeny sandwiches--yum!

I'm also planning to divulge to my work colleague about my impending bundle of boy. So far, I've kept things mum (excuse the pun), but I'm hoping this person can send some work my way before our delivery date arrives. Anyway, in the next few weeks, it will be hard to hide my emerging bump. I'm sure most people just think I'm fatter than ever. Hah! For once, people, you are wrong. Not just plus size, but plus size and preggers. That'll be tea (decaf!) for three, please. . .

4 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I had tea downtown for my 40th birthday. My two sisters and my parents took me. It was quite the experience.

Maggie Sumner said...

I know what you mean "suburban prep." High tea is absolutely one of my all-time favorite activities. For my bridal shower years ago, my sister-in-law hosted a tea shower at the Four Seasons. It was the best and so much fun!

Ms. Mamma said...

umk...i would die for some real, fresh, clotted cream. it's been like 14 years! my first high tea was at Fortnum & Mason(also had the BEST welsh rarebit EVER here) and then at The Ritz. And then once in NYC at the Ritz, but it just wasn't as good as London.

Maggie Sumner said...

The clotted cream at the Four Seasons in Chicago is good but not really-being-in-England good. I miss my scones, jam and clotted cream that I used to get at little church snack shops while driving around Devon on vacation. The totally best ever!