Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Swollen and Side-lined

I'm a little down in the dumps today.

Yesterday, my feet started swelling up and ended up looking a little bit like they should be an appendage of the elephant man. So, when I realized this in the afternoon, I pretty much spent the rest of the day on the couch with my feet up.

While this may sound like a blessed respite, I actually found it pretty boring. There is only so much "Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood" and "Flipping Out" that a girl can watch without losing her mind just a little. I kept thinking of things I could be doing, only to be reminded that they all required some other pose than sitting prostrate with my feet elevated. In those moments, I really wished I'd bought some yarn so I could at least knit a nice little baby blanket and be somewhat useful and productive in these passive pregnancy moments (uh. . .hours).

Craze went out and got us burgers and fries and served it to me on a tray. That in itself was a little bizarre as I am just totally not used to being served anything edible in my own home. My husband has many good qualities and skills, but cooking anything is not one of them.

Sitting around for so long also led me to start worrying about things I have little control over, money being my biggest worry. Still no work in the past couple of weeks. I've had several unexpected inquiries about my consulting services, but no moolah-making opportunities yet.

Mama Maggie needs to make some money, people. Yeah. That and cease with the swelling--I'm only four months for goodness sake!

No comments: