Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Hope Karma Runs Up Behind You and Bites You on the Ass!!!!

The long weekend in Columbus was fun but tiring. By Monday evening, I was really happy to be home again.

Today, I had to drive 100+ miles to take the formerly-stinky-big-headed foster dog for a vet visit in Indiana. Since he still belongs to the rescue group, their vet is 50+ miles from our home in Chicago (Note to self: next time, rescue animals closer to home!) and he needed his leg checked out. AND, to make matters worse, this weekend, we realized he has worms! I'm not sure how that's possible since he gets all the monthly medications to keep worms at bay, but nevertheless, there they were. YUCK!

I am so easily grossed out in my pregnant condition. Just thinking about the worms this morning made me vomit numerous times. Getting passed by a garbage truck made me vomit a week or so ago. Oh, what a delight random, instantaneous vomiting is. . .

Anyway, back to the stinky dog. . .so, after waiting for TWO hours after my appointment time to finally see the vet, I was told Bear needed an ex-ray and--how lame is this????--they had to keep him overnight to do it. Which means two sad and annoying things: 1) Poor Bear got taken away to a vet crate for the remainder of the day/night and probably thinks he has been once again abandoned (just thinking about that made me start crying while I loaded up on cheap-er Indiana gasoline); and 2) I have to drive 100 miles AGAIN tomorrow to get him back. UGGHHH!

The vet thinks that he may have arthritis in his left rear hip, which is also the leg that was broken a few years back when he was apparently hit by a car. That poor dog isn't even five years old and he's kind of a mess. His previous owners really have a lot to answer for. While poor Bear limps around our house, I hope karma runs up behind them and bites them on the ass. Seriously I do.

And while I'm on a rant. . .Hello, Indiana. No offense to your lovely residents and proud heritage, but I am sick of being in your state. Four hours today. Off there again tomorrow. And don't get me started about the detours and road closures that had me driving your back roads for the better part of a day last Friday while just innocently trying to get to Ohio. If I never see Valparaiso or Kokomo again, it will be too soon.

Okay. I'm done now. . .

1 comment:

Ms. Mamma said...

A-MEN! Bastards all around.