Friday, January 04, 2008

Hello, Universe

My bank balance is sad :(

It's not exactly making me sad or panicky but I do need to make more moola. . .and soon. I've been looking for a "real" job now for a few months, but the end of the year is clearly the worst time. I've had a few interviews but no offers yet. I'm frankly a little surprised. I've got such a great track record that I figured I'd be snapped up by some clever company in no time. Not the case it seems.

There's an interesting lesson in all this somewhere. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and drum up some more freelance work now that the holidays are over, keep looking for any new job openings and generally think hopeful thoughts and keep my fingers crossed for good measure. And while I'm at it, I might finally sell some of the stuff sitting around my house collecting dust that I've been wanting to shift on eBay for years. Clear out the clutter and cobwebs and bring in some extra cash.

And, last but not least, I'll put it out into the universe. "Hello, Universe. I heard you were looking for a smart, creative and hard working person. Well, I'm your girl. Give me a ring. Let's chat. . ."

1 comment:

Ms. Mamma said...

Maggie- I ahve a feeling you're in for some good karma bouncing back. It feels so good to clear the clutter, even if you're kind of fond of some of it.