Friday, April 04, 2008

April Thus Far

I think the duration of my "Secret Project" work has given me some kind of serious repetitive strain issue with my right arm. It hurts now ALL the time (even when I sleep). It started when I was working on the project but that finished up two weeks ago and I haven't been logging so much computer time. I blame my keyboard set up. We have an old 1920's waterfall desk that I type on and I think it's too high and the mouse is in an inconvenient place. I need to either move the computer downstairs to my modern desk in my office or get a new computer for that desk (our current one is 5+ years old--so might not be a bad idea).

It's been grey and dismal here most of the week but busy. Monday I saw my therapist Jane which I now really enjoy, did some work for a small project, went to my book club where there was, thankfully, no hand holding or meditation as we discussed "A New Earth" and tonight I worked 'til 5:30, cleaned up the kitchen and then made some yummy chicken chili out of a bunch of leftovers and then we went to see "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" which was really good.

I also went to my OB/GYN this week for a follow-up visit after 5.5 months of non pregnancy and was shocked when I didn't have to remove any clothing. My doctor was very impressed with my temperature/ovulation charts that I've been keeping since September and thinks my cycles look "perfect"--which I guess is good. Next up, Craze has to get his semen analyzed (fun for him!) and then if that checks out we go from there. I also have to go back next week for a blood test to check my progesterone levels. Oh joy! I'm hoping I just get pregnant this month and have done with it. Fingers crossed.

Today I lucked out and got to go to the Oprah taping for an upcoming show on "A New Earth." It was cool but a little disappointing. I was really looking forward to seeing Eckhart Tolle, but he wasn't there. Big bummer! I'm slightly enamored with that quiet little German man. His book has been very enlightening to me though and I've learned a lot of things that I've been able to put into practice in my life and I really do feel like my life is better for it.

And almost, but not quite, last but not least, I got all my hair cut off last week into a Katie Holmes style bob. It looked great at first, but after a while I noticed lots of un-even, straggly bits and then I noticed that the right side was quite a bit longer than the left side. I've now cut my own hair like seven times trying to even it all up. Lesson? Never let a youthful Albanian cut your hair.

We're off to Detroit for the weekend. Craze has tickets on Sunday to see the Red Wings with the rest of his clan. He is loving the hockey this year. Fun for all!

No comments: