Thursday, January 25, 2007

So Sorry

I’m so sorry that your brother is dead. I know you had a tumultuous relationship, but it still has to hurt. If I could, I would hold you in my arms and just let you cry for as long as it took for you to feel even a little better.

But that would require us being together. In the same room. In the same state. And since I haven’t seen you for years, that’s unlikely to happen. I cannot comfort you because you won’t let me.

Still, at this moment, I’m wrapping my arms around you. Can you feel them? I will whisper in your ear that everything will be all right. The pain will subside. Life will start to feel normal again at some point not too far down the road. The hurt will not be so sharp in the days to come.

I am sending my love for you across the miles hoping it fills you with warmth and strength and comfort. Remember that people love you. I, among the rest.

No comments: