Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Headache

I'm not sure if it's because Monday this week was officially deemed the most depressing day of the year (scientists figured this out people--I'm not making this up), but I can't seem to get going this week.

I've had a low grade headache for three days and my stomach is bothering me. I just feel whiny and cold. I'd like to take a Valium and just have a long nap. Not sure what my problem is, but I'm definitely out of sorts. My house is a mess, the dog is unwalked and everything I should be doing just keeps piling up. And no matter how many ibuprofen I swallow, my head just keeps hurting. It all started last week when I had a few too many vodka and lemonades one night (which is very unlike me, since I hardly ever drink). Can a hangover really last a week? That seems to be my trajectory here.

I've been drinking water, taking my vitamins, eating yogurt crawling with live cultures and nothing seems to be working. Can you die from January? Or more precisely, January in Chicago? I'm starting to wonder. . .

No comments: